What are the benefits of adoption?
- Your baby will live.
- Your baby will be loved and cared for by a couple that will deeply provide for him/her.
- Your baby will get to see you and know you (if you choose open adoption) and understand that at the time you did the best you could. You saved his/her life for a chance at happiness.
- You will be nurtured through the process of giving your child up for adoption to parents who can give him/her the best of care.
- You can celebrate your baby's birthday.
- You can watch your baby grow to be an adult. You can experience the joy of grandparenthood some day.
- You will give your baby the opportunity to make good choices, have a good life and feel loved.
What are the challenges of adoption?
- You may feel depression after giving your baby up for adoption. (There is support available for this normal feeling after making this choice)
- You will have to carry the baby to term. (Often the medical expense for the birthing of your baby will be paid for by the adopting parents)
- There will be times when you will wonder if you made the right choice.